Cheap School Minibus Insurance Cover  - Online Quotes

School or College Minibus Quotes

Minibus Insurance for any driver, Size 7 - 17 seats, One short form – Multiple Quotes

School or College Minibus Quotes

Start comparing school minibus insurance. Multiquotetime  in partnership with QuoteSearcher can provide your school or college with quotes tailored to your individual requirements. Discounts are normally available if you need insurance for more than one school minibus. If you have multiple minibuses, you could also consider a fleet minibus insurance policy. A fleet policy should work out cheaper, but always compare the fleet with insuring your vans separately. To get started, select the start your quote option and provide all the requested details plus any additional details such as number of mini-buses in the fleet, age of drivers and any additional information that will help reduce the annual premium. The panel will be in contact via the telephone to provide you with a range of cover options based on your requirements. Please see some suggestions below on how to reduce premium costs.

How can I reduce my premium?

Most school now own or operate a bus service. They have many uses, for example they enable pupils to attend and participate in out of school events, visit local museums and provide transport for pupils to and from school. The list is far from exhaustive, the many uses of the school minibus means that during a school term the minibus will be used extensively, as such it is important to provide proper training to the driver or drivers. For more information on safety and training, please refer to this page  on driving school minibuses for local authorities and schools.

  • If possible keep your policy to named drivers only.
  • Only permit drivers that are over 25 with a good driving history.
  • Increase the minibus excess, taking more  responsibility should help lower your annual premiums. 

School Minibus Drivers Section 19

  • Ensure a Section 19 permit has been obtained if one is needed
  • Hold the appropriate full car driving licence to do so
  • The driver must be at least 21 years old
  • The driver must be insured to drive the vehicle in question
  • Must not drive a minibus with more than 16 passenger seats
  • Have held a full driving licence for at least two years when driving a minibus under a Section 19

More information available from the Teachers Organisation

Types of cover available

  • The legal minimum to drive on the UK road network is third party, which offer cover the third party.
  • Third party cover can be supplemented by adding fire and theft protection.
  • Fully comprehensive is top level cover providing protection both your self and any third party.
Scroll to Top