Van Insurance NI & UK
Compare Van insurance for UK and NI drivers, You could save up to £492* One short form – save time & money
Don’t have your registration number? No problem,
Search and compare cheap quotes from over 60 UK van insurance providers, including
Van Insurance Quotes NI & UK
Do you need a quote for van insurance in the UK or Northern Ireland? If the answer is yes, then you have found a service dedicated to providing NI residents with insurance quotes from multiple brokers by simply completing one online inquiry form. After you complete one form you will be presented with multiple choices from 60 and growing brokers both UK and NI based.
Van insurance like most insurance can be costly, so it pays to compare the market to find a suitable quote that meets fully with your insurance requirements and in addition comes at an affordable price. Like auto insurance, private or commercial van policies come in the standard 3 modes 1 Basic Third Party, 2 Third party plus Fire and Theft and Comprehensive which includes all the aforementioned and in addition offers cover to you and your vehicle.
How to Reduce NI Van Insurance Costs
Insurance companies apply many factors when arriving at a cost for your individual van insurance policy. A few of these you will have some control over. Number one is security, adding additional anti theft devices that are approved within the insurance industry will see a drop of your annual or monthly van premium. Installing a tracking GPS device will increase the chance that your van will be recovered should it be stolen and is part of the underwriter's calculation. Safe overnight parking, preferably in a secure garage, will know more pounds of the final premium cost. Post code has a small influence and unfortunately is not something that you as a van owner has control over. Major towns like Belfast, London, Manchester and Bristol will attract a slightly higher premium than more rural postcode.
Vans like cars are classed into
Van insurance need not be complicated. Start off by choosing the correct category of van insurance for your intended use. The main broad categories of van cover requested are listed below.
Types of Van Insurance Available
- Commercial, Business and Personal
- Limited partnerships and limited companies
Fleet Van insurance
- LGV’s and small vans that weigh up to 3.5 ton
- Courier van insurance
|Provider||Maximum Vehicle Weight||Get Free Multiple Quotes|
|Post Office||3.5t||Compare Now|
Any Driver Van Quote Insurance
As the name implies
Is it expensive to insure a van for private use?
Young Driver Van Quote Insurance
Many young people start a business that requires a van. Unfortunately, this can be a very expensive part of the business setup. Being under 25 puts in you a high risk category to the insurer. As such, you will be faced with much higher premium quotes than drivers over 25 or over 30. This is why you need to search all the options out there to find the best deal that meets with your business requirements and save on costs.
Catering van insurance
If you are starting a catering or food van service, you will need catering van insurance. Catering vans can range from high end dining to a simple fish and chip or burger van. One thing they all have in common is that they require specialised insurance to cover not only the van, but the valuable fitted kitchen equipment.
Courier van insurance
The courier business has boomed in recent years, especially in the fast food delivery sector. Whatever type of courier business that you have, you will need
Van Breakdown Cover Quotes
If a van is vital to your business operations, you should also consider a van breakdown cover to keep your van or fleet of vans on the move.
Upfront research can directly impact your van insurance costs
- Normally, the smaller the van, the cheaper will be the insurance premium. However, do make sure the van size that you choose will fit your current and future business needs.
- Check for any price variance related to the actual manufacturer, similar sized vans which you would expect to have the same premium costs can vary depending upon the supplier. For example, parts for a particular van model could be more expensive than another make / model, thus increasing the associated premium that you will end up paying.
- Look at the cover offered and check that your requirement for all the options offered. For example, if cover for Europe is included, but you don't travel into Europe, then you should omit this from your policy.
- Fitting insurance industry approved security devices should lead to a better quote for your van insurance NI. Additionally, if you can provide safe overnight parking, this again shroud help bring down your annual premiums.
Types of Van Insurance Available
- Haulage Insurance : If you are delivering goods normally over a long distance, haulage or lorry insurance in Northern Ireland will be required.
- Carriage of own goods : This is suitable for tradesmen that carry tools and material in their vehicle, plumbers and electricians are examples that would fall into this group.
- Van Courier insurance: This is higher risk than haulage as you most likely will be doing many drops and like haulage you are carrying other people's goods for hire or reward.
Consider Extras That May Be of Benefit or Included in the Quote
Excess Cover : The excess which is an amount that you would normally be liable for in the event of a claim, it can be a considerable amount as such you should consider taking out a
Breakdown Cover : Is
Windscreen : Windscreen damage to vans like cars is common and can be costly to get fixed quickly so that you are not off the road for more than 1 day. In some cases at may be cheaper dealing direct with a windscreen specialist company, particularly if you run a fleet of vans
Legal Protection : This is applicable if you have the legal minimum of third party cover. The purpose of this extra is to ensure yourself against uninsured losses. Simply put, if another party is responsible for damages that you are not covered for, you will have access to experienced legal assistance to help ensure the third party's insurance company pays up.
Replacement Vehicle : Does the provider offer another vehicle like for like, should your own vehicle be off the road any period of time?
Van Insurance Groups
Similar to cars, vans are grouped into insurance categories. These categories range from 1 to 20 with category 1 being the cheapest to insure. Which van goes into which group is the responsibility of
Coming in next are repair costs, which includes parts replacement. The average cost of repair varies from one manufacturer to the next, and from model to model within the same manufacturer. For example, Mercedes vans will be in a higher insurance category compared to Ford vans for the above reasons. If your van model or make is a popular choice for van thieves, then this will be added into the equation.
Compare a range of quotes in just a few minutes
Search over 60 providers of van insurance that include local brands that include Allianz Northern Ireland and AXA insurance NI. Start by selecting the direct van insurance Compare Quotes option below and complete the quote form. On completion, you will be presented with all the available van insurance options. You can choose to select and pay, or simply bookmark and come back later after you have looked into other options.
*51% of consumers could save £491.91 on their Van Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next five cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from January 2023. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.